《Peter Pan》 By J. M. Barrie Adapted by Cathy East Dubowski
【Chapter Four】 The Flight
"Second to the right, and straight on until morning." That was the way to the Neverland, Peter said. But even birds with maps could not have found it that way. For you see, Peter just said whatever came into his head. Wendy, Michael, and John flew though the air in their nightclothes. They followed Peter without question. Sometimes it was dark. Sometimes it was light. And now they were flying far out over the sea. How long had they been gone? The children could not tell for sure. Finally Peter stopped. "There it is," he said. The children stood on tiptoe in the air to see. A million golden arrows pointed toward an island. It seemed so familiar. Like home after a long vacation. They flew toward the island. Then something seemed to push against them. The golden arrows disappeared. The island grew dark and unfriendly. "The pirates have spotted us," Peter said. "They'll see Tinker Bell's light!" cried Wendy. "Tell her to put it out." "She can't," said Peter. "It only goes out when she falls asleep." But John had brought his tall black hat. Peter hid the fairy in that. Just then the pirates fired their cannon into the sky. The blast scattered the children across the darkness. Wendy found herself alone with Tink. It is important to understand one thing. Fairies are very small. They have room for only one feeling at a time. Sometimes it is all good. Sometimes it is all bad. Tinker Bell was so jealous of Wendy! She was filled with bad hateful feeling. From the tips of her wings to the tips of her toes! Tinker Bell darted this way and that. "Come with me to safety," she seemed to say. Wendy did not know that Tinker Bell hated her. So she followed the little fairy.
哎喲喂呀! 後面的伏筆是怎麼回事？Tink想幹嘛啊？ 女人的妒意呀～會殺人的啊！ 為什麼女人善妒呢？ 因為我也是磁性動物，所以真的放開了來說， 女人真的比男人容易妒忌， 而且比較之心極為強烈， 什麼都愛比，其實比的都是些無聊小事， 比不上的不是羨慕就是妒忌， 搞得自己憤怒憂鬱， 真是無聊啊！ 但也許這也是女人的可愛之處吧？ 總是瀰漫著生活感的生命力。
以下為整理後解答，原始回答來自ECT的高手：djyang (1) Second to the right, and straight on until morning. "straight on"是？ 直直的(飛)
(2) But even birds with maps could not have found it that way. 此句翻譯是否為"連鳥帶著地圖都找不到那邊"？ 為什麼最後都已經 found"it"了，還要加上"that way"呢？"it"不就是指"that way"嗎？ 1. Yes 2. 可以不用加 that way。這段加了that way倒是有種"再次強調即使是帶著地圖的鳥也找不到"的意思，因為後頭說了，那根本是Peter自己隨口說的。 3. "it"指的是"Wonderland"。"that way"字面上是"那方式/那樣子"的意思，在句中的意思是"從右邊數來第二顆星星那處直直的飛" + "有地圖"
(3) And now they were flying far out over the sea. 大概可以知道這句是說他們現在正飛過海洋，而"far out"是什麼意思？ 想像一下，你現在從陸地往外海飛--> 往"外"(out)飛，飛離陸地很遠(far)的話就是far out
(4) How long had they been gone? "had been + pp"不是過去完成式的被動嗎？ 為什麼問他們去了多長時間是用被動式？且過去完成式不是不可單獨使用嗎？ 沒錯，過去完成式的使用時機是用來點出過去時間的先後順序(比某一過去時間參考點更早)，那麼如果此參考點在內文裡頭已經交代清出了呢?這時就可以單獨用啦(換句話說，必須確定讀者可以清楚的體會到這是在某過去時間之前就已經發生了)
這是過去完成式101，但是這不是"唯一"的應用。如果一個表式法本身在日常就是用現在完成式表達，那麼把時間移到過去那麼就變成用過去完成式來表達: How long has he been gone? <-- 日常說法，問某人已經離開(某處)多久可以這樣子問。gone是形容詞，這字典有，所以整句其實還是"主動句"不是"被動句"
(5) Wendy found herself alone with Tink. 是指Wendy只發現她自己和Tink嗎？ 配合前文的情節想像一下-->他們被砲轟所以被打散-->大家不是在一起-->Wendy發現自己在某處(根據前文的合理推論，文裡沒有講)，同伴裡頭只剩下....
(6) They have room for only one feeling at a time. 翻譯是？ 這要整段的看，因前文已經有提示(作者還刻意用文字強調)--> Fairies是~很~小~的-->小到一次只能有一種感覺(要嘛就是只有高興，要嘛就是只有恐懼，要嘛就是....不會有又悲又喜，或是在恐懼之於還能充滿希望的想辦法解決事情)
(7) She was filled with bad hateful feeling. 一個句子裡是否能使用多個形容詞？像這一句的"bad"跟"hateful"？ 可以，而且很常見。有時太多了可以用逗號隔開。
(8) Tinker Bell darted this way and that. "Come with me to safety," she seemed to say. "that"是指什麼？ 有沒有在電視或是電影裡頭看過fairy飛的樣子--有點像Z字型，飛的行進路線不是一直線而是有很多突然的轉折(有些蟲子就是這樣子飛) Tinker Bell darted this way --> 只交代了往某處飛，而且很有可能是一直線(因為"dart"這字的關係，像是射飛鏢那樣子一直線的咻~過去) Tinker Bell darted this way and that (way) --> 咻來咻去的(懂了吧)